Monday 14 March 2011

Almost there...

Well there's about a week to go and it seems we may be lucky in that there might be a square inch of snow left by the time we get there...! I for one am really looking forward to next week whatever the snow conditions. Just a few days away in a scenic location with good food, wine and company is a very welcome break and I am looking forward to it. A friend of mine came back from Morzine last week and although I think the snow is not fabulous its 'OK' and there's some on the beginners slopes. Steve, Chruc we should be ok... !

Peter Mason and I are running Reading half marathon next weekend and with that we shall pronounce ourselves ski fit and ready to sit back and consume copious amounts of wine and fondue. isn't that what the training was for Peter...?

How ski fit is everyone else feeling...?  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Well after 3 weeks of knee deep powder my legs will welcome some nice groomed piste runs. As Grey Goose pointed out to me yesterday, the best way to recover from a 3 week ski trip is another weeks ski trip, couldn't agree more!

    I think we should be OK for the snow, current conditions are 49 out of 52 lifts open, 53 of 67 runs, and the Porte Du Soleil links are open.

    The nursery slops are OK and the blacks at the top of the hill are all open. Worst case you beginners will have to start on the blacks and just learn a lost faster. Nothing a few litres of wine won't help with.

    I cannot wait to see where Peter is taking me Wednesday, I suspect a day of steep blacks, playing in the trees and on the bumps is on the cards.

    Looking forward to seeing you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remind me to ask you about public liability insurance for dog shows when i see you...!

    ReplyDelete